We will contact you shortly.
The Counsellor Institute is an independent, nonpartisan organization, think tank, and publisher dedicated to being a resource for its members, government decision-makers, business leaders, the academe, civic leaders, and the public at large in order to help them better understand key issues facing the Philippines and the Asia-Pacific Region. Its core activities include engaging in research, policy formulation, advisory, and public communication to advance the interests of the general public and to turn our recommendations into government policy.
- Alternative and renewable energy- Energy policies and the environment - Natural resource management - Sustainability- Climate change
- Health care regulation- Harm reduction- Regulatory response to pandemics- Health economics - Universal healthcare
- Regulation of disruptive technologies - Internet regulation- Telecommunications- Intellectual property and antitrust - Privacy rights
- Rule of law- Constitutional law - Law and society- Politics and government
- Elections and campaign finance
- Foreign policy
- Policies- Transportation policy
- Aviation and Freight
- Sustainable urban development
- Public transport
- Traffic management
- Taxation and government spending - Excise taxes - Local government spending- Monetary policy- Labor economics
We work with an unbiased lens and our recommendations are driven by research, science, and data. This is tempered with respect for the rule of law and democracy.
To maintain its independence, the Counsellor Institute does not accept public funding or support. It receives its funding through contributions from individuals and from general grants from industry groups and corporations.
Our experts study issues from the perspective of several disciplines. The Counsellor Institute advocates the use of science and research as the basis for government policy.
Dr. Earl Louis Sempio, MD
Fellow, Philippine College of Physicians
Fellow, Philippine College of Chest Physicians
Internal Medicine, Pulmonology
Professor, University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
Assistant Professor, Oceania University of Medicine
Dean Emmanuel J. Lopez, PhD
Dean, Letran Graduate School
Professor, UST Graduate School
Former Chairman, UST Department of Economics
Atty. Erwin Zagala
Author of 4 Legal BooksLead Trainer, Legal Guide PhilippinesPartner, Legal Access Law OfficesDirector, DANCHE Training and ConsultancyAteneo de Manila, Legal ManagementUniversity of the Philippines, College of Law
Atty. Ramon Ramirez
Senior Director, SGV / Ernst and YoungTax Manager, ICTSIPartner, Legal Access Law OfficesDirector, DANCHE Training and ConsultancyUniversity of the Philippines, Public AdministrationUniversity of the Philippines, College of Law
Ramund Narag, PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Carbondale, IL,Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Science, Michigan State University.Bachelor of Arts, University of the Philippines, Diliman, Philippines (1995) Cum Laude